PAFRAS’s Mental Health Service was established to provide a recovery-orientated service based on the partnership with service users, volunteers, statutory organisations and communities in Leeds. The core aims of our work are to:
- facilitate service users’ access to relevant agencies and appropriate services,
- facilitate their inclusion in social life, and
- enable them to retain or regain an ordinary life, rather than isolate them through exclusive involvement in specialist Mental Health Services.
We offer the following services to support the immediate mental health needs presented by our clients:
- twice weekly drop-in Sessions (consultations, screenings, assessments and referrals to appropriate mental health and support services),
- crisis and short-term counselling,
- complementary therapy sessions for stress relief and managing anxiety and depression,
- mental health group support.
Some of these services are provided specifically to support service users while they wait to access more comprehensive care from the NHS or voluntary sector organisations such as Solace.